Terms and Conditions
This website is owned and operated by Duty Free Stores Wellington Limited at 20 Barnes Street, Seaview, Wellington, New Zealand.
By accessing, browsing, shopping or using any of the
services on this website, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
Purchasing Duty Free Goods
To purchase duty free or tax free goods, you must be
travelling internationally. To buy duty free goods from this website you must
be flying into or out of Auckland,
Dunedin or Queenstown International Airports.
The online purchaser must be the traveller collecting the goods. You may pre order up to 6 months in advance of your travel.
Products and Online Orders
All products advertised on this website are subject to availability.
· Any order placed by you on this website is an agreement by you to purchase a particular product for the price stated on this website at the time you place your order. You recognize that by making the order, you are agreeing to pay for the product (s) at the time of ordering and will collect that order from your nominated collection point.
To place an order on this website you will need
to input your contact details and your flight and travel details. You will also
need to nominate a collection date and collection location at the relevant
airport for the product(s) ordered. If you do not supply any of the required
details requested we will not be able to process your order. If your flight is diverted you may be able to request Customs to stamp your Collection Docket and have the goods couriered to your address in New Zealand.
If there has been a mistake made by Duty Free Stores New Zealand or by yourself and your order is either incomplete or not at the Collection Point at the specified time your order order will be refunded in full. Customs will not stamp your Docket for courier delivery to your New Zealand address for any other reason other than a diverted flight.
· All pre-orders made through our website must be placed with at least two working days notice (Monday to Friday) before the date of your arrival or departure.
· For orders outside of this time frame you must contact our Customer Service Team, our team then hold the right to process or refuse an order on a situational basis at their discretion.
· Orders on this website can only be placed by a person who will be departing from or arriving into New Zealand on an international flight, whether as a passenger or a member of flight crew.
· ‘Frequent Buyer’ orders must be placed by the person travelling and the account must be held by the person who will be collecting the order.
· It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself in respect of the allowances permitted for each country that you will be entering and clearing customs. We provide some guidance on this website in relation to the allowances applicable for the more travelled destinations.
· Passengers on transit flights must contact the Customer Service Team before placing an order, as some transit flights cannot be serviced by Duty Free Stores New Zealand.
· Duty Free Stores New Zealand does not service cruise ships.
Prices and Payment
Although we do our best to ensure prices stated on this website are accurate, errors do occur from time to time. Where a pricing error occurs we will not be bound by the incorrect pricing stated, and reserve the right to cancel your purchase.
- Due to tighter security regulations, once your order has been confirmed no further changes can be made to it. If your circumstances change please contact our Customer Service Team on 0800 829 3733 and we may be able to either refund and/or create a new order for you.
- All prices displayed on this website are in New Zealand Dollars and may be changed at any time without notice.
- The price payable for any product(s) is the price specified on this website at the time of placing the order.
- Payment for product(s) must be made by a valid credit card using the ordering facility on the website or via the Call Centre. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Diner’s Club. No other form of payment will be accepted.
- All products must be paid for in full on the website or over the phone before your order can be processed.
For your security, Duty Free Stores NZ does not hold your credit card details on file and therefore they must be re-entered at the time of each purchase through the website and/or over the phone.
· Product(s) must be collected at the nominated collection point at the relevant airport specified on your order:
· If you are collecting on departure from New Zealand you must collect your goods at the collection point before boarding your flight. Customs regulations stipulate that orders not collected prior to departing New Zealand cannot be collected upon your return, and a full refund of your purchase will be provided instead.
· If you are collecting on arrival to New Zealand you must collect your goods from our collection point before to clearing customs. Customs regulations stipulate that orders not collected prior to passing through customs cannot be supplied to you, and full refund of your purchase price will be provided instead.
For Collection Point locations please see (stores-opening%20hours-collection%20points).
· To collect your order you must present a printed copy of your purchase receipt and passport identification. In the event that you are unable to print a copy of your receipt, please note your order reference number and provide passport identification when collecting the order.
· You agree to inspect the product(s) immediately on collection. You must notify our collection staff immediately of any shortfall or incorrect orders.
Duty Free Stores New Zealand provides free delivery to all serviced airports within New Zealand (Excluding Wellington) on orders over $50; any order under $50 will incur a $6 freight fee. Arrival and Departure orders may not be combined in order to avoid this fee. Availability of products may change without notice. In case of delivery of incorrect products or failure to deliver goods in time, please contact our Customer Service Team. The Allowances for different countries are updated as and when required.
Safety of Goods
Duty Free Stores New Zealand accepts the risk of
loss of, or damage to, product(s) only up to the point of where the product is
This site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and
operated by third party vendors and other third parties (the "External
Sites"). You acknowledge that the company is not responsible for the
availability of, or the content located on or through, any External Site. You
should contact the site administrator or Webmaster for those External Sites if
you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on such
Travel Delays or Changes
- It is your responsibility to contact Duty Free Stores NZ if there is a change in your date and time of departure or arrival, or a change in your airline. Please contact our Call Centre on 0800 388 937.
an order is placed where passenger and flight details have been
incorrectly inputted through the online ordering system, Duty Free Stores
NZ will not be held responsible if the order is not available for pick up
in which case the purchase price will be refunded in full.
Rejection and Cancellation of Orders by Duty Free Stores New Zealand
Duty Free Stores NZ may, at its absolute discretion, reject or cancel any order made by you at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to the following:
· The cancellation of credit card payment or if details are dishonoured.
· When the passenger does not meet the concession or age requirements and restrictions imposed by New Zealand Customs
· Where Duty Free Stores NZ has unintentionally displayed any errors on the website including incorrect prices, descriptions or illustrations or typographical errors and these errors are relevant to your order.
If we cancel or reject an order due to circumstances including those described above then the purchase price will be refunded to you. In this case you will be contacted by a Customer Service Team Member for further detail.
Cancellation of Orders by the Passenger
Any cancellation of orders must be directed to our Call Centre on 0800 829 3733.
We are happy to refund products that are damaged or faulty or where incorrect products are supplied within a reasonable time. All goods returned whether they are faulty or not must have proof of purchase supplied such as a till receipt or an Online Order Reference Number.
Subject to conditions we will either arrange for a replacement with an identical or comparable product(s), or issue a refund of the purchase price of the faulty/damaged product/s, or repair the product(s).
- Returns will not be accepted if the damage to the product has subsequently been caused by an accident, or by neglect or misuse, by either you or a third party.
- Returns will not be accepted by if you have modified or tampered with the product in any way.
- Any faulty or damaged returned product(s) must be complete and include any accessories provided to you with the product.
- Any refunds will not be
processed until we receive the product(s) in question from you.
In no event shall the company. be liable for any direct,
indirect, special, punitive, incidental, exemplary or consequential, damages,
or any damages whatsoever, even if the company has been previously advised of
the possibility of such damages, whether in an action under contract,
negligence, or any other theory, arising out of or in connection with the use,
inability to use, or performance of the information, services, products, and materials
available from this site. These limitations shall apply notwithstanding any
failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy. Because some jurisdictions
do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the
exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages,
the above limitations may not apply to you.
The information, services, products, and materials contained in this site, including, without limitation, text, graphics, and links, are provided on an "as is" basis with no warranty. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, the company. disclaims all representations and warranties, express or implied, with respect to such information, services, products, and materials, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, no infringement, freedom from computer virus, and implied, warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance. In addition, the company does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this site is accurate, complete or current. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice.
Duty Free Stores New Zealand will not be held responsible for any products that are;
· altered, reprocessed, tampered with, or repaired in any way other than by or through Duty Free Stores New Zealand
· Fitted or used in breach of the conditions of use or technical specifications, as may be included with the product and/or published from time to time.
Competitions and Promotional Offers
From time to time, the website will present the opportunity
to participate in competitions and promotional offers. These offers have
separate terms and conditions. By participating in any competitions or
promotional offers on this website you agree to be bound by the relevant terms
· These Terms and Conditions are governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws in force in New Zealand and the users submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
· Duty Free Stores New Zealand may alter the Terms and Conditions from time to time without notice and it is your responsibility to monitor amended Terms and Conditions. All changes are effective from the date of posting the revised Terms and Conditions on this website. Any updated version of the Terms and Conditions will immediately supersede any prior version.
· You agree that you will not use this website for any purpose that is unlawful, or prohibited under these Terms and Conditions. You agree that you will not use this website to spam, transmit or upload any material that contains viruses or other harmful programs or that breach any laws including intellectual property rights, defamation, or privacy rights. You also agree not to interfere with or disrupt this website or attempt to gain unauthorised access.
In order to use this website, it is your
responsibility to procure access to the Internet and to pay any costs
associated with that access.
The information provided by the customer is for the exclusive use of the company. The information will not be made available in any form to any other organisation. You will receive E-mail messages confirming orders placed. You may also receive messages via e-mail or post from the company announcing special offers or promotions. Credit card information is not held by the company.
All website design, text, graphics, interfaces, and the selection and arrangements thereof are © 2006, Duty Free Stores Wellington Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Any use of materials on this site, including reproduction for purposes, modification, distribution, or republication, without prior written permission of the company is strictly prohibited.